Today, it’s all Thai flavors…with a ton of color!! The sauce is a mix of sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, a little lime, a little spice and cilantro. If you’ve never tried using fish sauce, now is the time. Fish sauce is obviously not vegan, so if you are a vegan reader, you can omit the sauce from the recipe and just use a little more soy sauce. If you’d like to pump up the protein factor in this meal, I personally would add peanut grilled shrimp.
- 1 (8 ounce) box pad thai noodles
- 1 box of Cece’s™ Veggie Co. Beet Spirals
- 1 box of Cece’s™ Veggie Co. Sweet Potato Spirals
- 1 cup of frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons or matchsticks
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 mango, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch fresh watercress or spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 teaspoons sambal oelek or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional, but SO good)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Cook the pad thai noodles according to package directions.
Add the cooked pad thai noodles, beet noodles, sweet potato noodles, edamame, carrots, radishes, mango, basil and peanuts to a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat, making sure the dressing coats all the veggies well. Just before serving, add the watercress or spinach and toss once more. EAT!
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 25 mins